Clear Voice Books
Our mission is to bring the widest possible range of books by contemporary international authors to the UKs’ print disabled community.
We aim to achieve the following goals:
- The production of high quality audio books by contemporary international authors for the print disabled community
- To bring the literature of writers whose first language isn’t English or whose country of origin isn’t English speaking to the print disabled community
- To provide a space to explore and discuss contemporary international literature for the print disabled community
Clear Voice Books is the UKs’ only independent provider of audio books for the print disabled community. We are a user led, not-for-profit organisation whose main focus is on books in translation by contemporary overseas authors.
Through ongoing research it is shown that only around 2% of audio books produced commercially or by specialist library services are those in translation.
Here at CVE we feel that a rich vein of literature is being overlooked. To this end, we are looking to produce an interesting and varied range of books which we hope our readers will find stimulating.
Please visit the Clear Voice Books page and tell us about any books in translation you have recently read or any books in translation you'd like to see produced.
CVB Titles currently available
The following books are currently available through RNIB Talking Book Service, Calibre Audio Library and Listening Books:
- The Blue Fox by Sjon, translated by Victoria Cribb, read by Daniel Purrie
- The Housekeeper and the Professor by Yoko Ogawa, translated by Stephen Snyder, read by Katy Slater
- Voice Over by Céline Curiol, translated by Sam Richard, read by Susannah Harker
- Horses of God by Mahi Binebine, translated by Lulu Norman, read by Harry Jardine
- The Collini Case by Ferdinand Von Schirach, translated by Anthea Bell, read by James Peak